To succeed in weight loss it is important to be realistic and confident about your goals. By setting unrealistic goal such as losing 5kgs can lead you into failure. However, you should not be afraid to lose weight if you truly want to make the progress because motivation is a vital tool for long term success. You need to follow these messages in order to lose weight. Here are some strategies that will help you succeed with your weight loss and the steps you need to take to have positive effects in 2021.
1. Use motivating quotes for yourself. Asking others how they feel is very helpful so you can identify their feelings about your weight loss goals. If you have an idea about what motivates them then you can set targets for yourself. Think of quotes like ‘I love that my husband thinks I’m beautiful. So he always compliments me on my looks’. This quote gives away how people can see you as beautiful and also shows that you have confidence in yourself. The more people compliment you, the more motivated you are.
2. Start small and then work in small increments. Be patient and don’t force yourself to change too much at once. It will be easy when you first start, but don’t give up or get disappointed in yourself. Set small achievable goals so that you don’t feel overwhelmed when you fail at reaching them. Instead of comparing yourself to others, focus on what you can do and that helps keep you motivated to reach them. Focus on getting fit over just looking ‘thin’ and don’t let it stop you from achieving your target body.
3. Don’t compare yourself to other people. If you’re struggling with weight issues, try to look beyond comparisons and tell yourself you need to stop doing certain things to achieve your skinny frame. These things such as drinking lots of alcohol and not eating enough veggies can make it even harder for yourself because you don’t know what activities you need to drop to lose weight and get fitter.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of exercise. Your muscles are only as strong as you use them which means you need to practice a lot every day. Most importantly don’t become dependent on any type of diet and training but instead find something new every weekend. Make sure you get plenty of sleep as well. Exercise is one of the best ways to get a good night’s sleep and improve your health. There are many different types of workouts so don’t just choose any because some people think you can only train right after a meal and some think you need a pre-workout shake. Work out for 40 mins each morning, 20mins each afternoon (if you prefer) and 30mins before bed time. Find a workout routine that works for you and stick to it!
5. Eat every three hours. After meals, a quick snack is required to refuel yourself quickly. You don’t have to eat anything solid but anything smaller than a medium size piece of chocolate may satisfy your hunger better than the big slices of pizza. Eating larger amounts of calories after meals makes it harder for your body to burn fat and increases your cravings. Therefore, by eating smaller portions of food immediately after meals could prevent large portions from becoming a regular habit.
6. Don’t skip meals. Once you’ve had your lunch break, and then go back to your desk throughout the afternoon, stop doing this and focus on your task at hand. This way it feels less like a job and more like fun time. You could even ask somebody to come over for lunch and watch movies until you finish reading your book. This way you will avoid feeling rushed and can spend your free time pursuing your interests.
7. Keep track of your progress. When you start exercising, set weekly and daily goals for each session. Don’t forget to add any extra activity to your schedule as soon as you can. Then record your results and make notes to remind yourself of your progress. If you notice you haven’t reached your current fitness level, then start again but do it little further in order to build muscle mass and get stronger and leaner. Try different fitness programs or ask friends for advice. Make sure you stick to the plan you set out to achieve your goals.
8. Do things you enjoy doing. While working out, it may not seem like it but most people enjoy being active. What they like to do is how they like to express themselves and so it doesn’t matter why it is exercising. If you find doing physical tasks boring you should find something else that makes you laugh or relax; go for an outdoor walk, visit the park or do some gardening! This will make you smile and will contribute to the progress you will be making.
9. Reward yourself! When you begin to see results, reward yourself through treats, tickets to concerts, trips to museums or any kind of outing you want. Just remember you deserve all of this yourself so you won’t feel guilty about celebrating the progress. Celebrating a goal is the key to getting motivated!
10. Have at least two sets of clothes ready at home. Having a list of items to purchase is a great way to motivate yourself and it can also boost self esteem. Also, don’t overbuy and put yourself in a bad mindset when you buy things you don’t really need.
11. Look after yourself physically and mentally. You won’t get that far without physical exercise, therefore, it is vital to maintain a healthy physique and mental wellbeing. Get adequate sleep and eat slowly.
12. Don’t ignore other people’s opinions. For example, don’t listen to negative comments about your body size and don’t talk crap about the foods you like and dislike. Remember, everyone has their own preferences and they want to achieve their own personal goals.
13. Take a shower at least thrice per week. A healthy body is just the result of good care and nutrition. Ensure you get the correct amount of water for your different parts of your body and drink lots of warm water. Doing this regularly will help you become fitter and healthier. This is one of the best tips on how to lose weight and it is especially beneficial for women.
14. Practice gratitude. We often forget to give thanks for the things we have in our life and things we enjoy. Always stay thankful and think of the people, places and things you may be able to appreciate more due to your efforts. Being grateful for the things you enjoy can positively affect your outlook on life.
15. Don’t let anyone judge your lifestyle. People are naturally curious to know what life is like outside their hometown, especially during the colder months. This is natural and there shouldn’t be a problem with talking about it anyway – it will be great to meet new people along the way. In addition, there are people who don’t want to hear about their struggles and would rather not know them. Don’t allow this either, it will only cause unnecessary stress and you’ll probably never enjoy going outside or meeting new people.
16. Never underestimate the value of family. Family is irreplaceable and it is important to keep this in mind so that you don’t bring family problems to yourself.
17. Stop worrying about yourself but care about everyone around you, especially those who have the same problems. Understand that no matter how hard things are at the moment, you are still going to get better and if you’re going to be successful in your weight loss journey you have to be confident in your decisions.
18. Be ready for surprises. Life is complex and full of twists and turns. It all happens for a reason, so don’t worry about it. Sometimes the reason something seems wrong is because you get a surprise. Don’t let this stop you, just try and get better so you can carry on with your life without having to worry about anything.
19. Stay informed on the latest news and events. Watch documentaries about celebrities and gain knowledge about famous people and the world around you. Share anything interesting you learn on social media and stay updated with whatever is happening around you.
20. Create an image of who you want to be. How do you want to live? Are you excited? These can be a huge part of self-confidence and giving yourself permission to be who you want to be. A clear picture of this kind will encourage you to stick with the habits to improve your skills and behaviours that you want.